Food License Registration

The Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 introduced to improve the hygiene and quality of food has brought about tremendous changes in the food industry. As per the Act, no person shall commence or carry on any food business except under a license with the exception of small scale operator. Food Business Operator License is issued by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Ministry of Family Health & Welfare, Government of India. Application to commence a food business must be made to the FSSAI in the prescribed format. Aanoor group can help your business obtain Food Business License quickly and hassle-fee. Talk to our Business Advisors and we will help you get the necessary food business operator approvals and registrations.

The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India have been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.

  • Form-B duly completed and signed (in duplicate) by the proprietor/ partner or the authorized signatory (mandatory for all).
  • Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit showing the dimensions in meters/square meters and operation-wise area allocation (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
  • List of Directors with full address and contact details (mandatory for companies only) .
  • Name and List of Equipment's and Machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horse power used (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only). Photo ID and address proof issued by Government authority of Proprietor/Partner/Director(s)/Authorized Signatory. (Optional).
  • List of food category desired to be manufactured. (In case of manufacturers).
  • Authority letter with name and address of responsible person nominated by the manufacturer along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz assisting the officers in inspections, collection of samples, packing & dispatch. (Mandatory for manufacturing and processors).
  • Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food from a recognized/ public health laboratory to confirm the portability (mandatory only for manufacturing and processing units only).
  • Proof of possession of premises. (Sale deed/ Rent agreement/ Electricity bill, etc.) (Optional).
  • Partnership Deed/Affidavit/Memorandum & Articles of Association towards the constitution of the firm. (Optional).
  • Copy of certificate obtained under Coop Act - 1861/Multi State Coop Act - 2002 in case of Cooperatives. (Wherever applicable).
  • NOC from manufacturer (mandatory for Re-labellers and Re-packers).
  • Food Safety Management System plan or certificate (if any).
  • Source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants. (Wherever applicable).
  • Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing packaged drinking water, packaged Mineral water and/or carbonated water from a recognized/ public health.
  • NOC from manufacturer (mandatory for Re-labellers and Re-packers).• Recall plan wherever applicable, with details on which the product is distributed. (Optional).
  • NOCs from Municipality or local body. (Optional).